Are you wondering how you can find clients and turn your passion for podcasting into a fulfilling career as an editor? If so, you're not alone - it's one of the most common struggles we face (and hear about)
Prepare to be inspired by Cristina Lamague's incredible journey from listener to podcaster to professional editor. Her passion for podcasting started as she was seeking knowledge during pregnancy. That soon gave way to an interest in Latin American haunted stories that took her from listener to creator. Cristina's story will captivate and motivate you.
And along the way, we'll look into how she found her first (and second) client.
NOTE: Bryan (that's me) made a comment about iZotope being acquired by Novation. That was incorrect; they joined with Brainworx/Plugin Alliance and Native Instruments to form new company which has now been rolled into Native Instruments.
Listen to Discover
- How Cristina found her first clients (surprise!!!)
- Why some of us have TWO first clients
- A valuable lesson Cristina learned from her first client
- What to look for before agreeing to work with a client
- One valuable thing many of us forget that we bring to the table
- Cristina's advice for editors looking for their first (or next) client
Links And Resources
- Lumague Media - Cristina's work can be found at https://lumaguemedia.carrd.co/
- ClickUp - ClickUP is what Bryan uses to keep track of everything. (Note: Qualifying purchases benefit Bryan)
- Reaper for Podcasting - Daniel has put together resources for editors who want to use Reaper for podcasting.
- DaVinci Resolve 18 - Cristina has started using Davinci Resolve to edit videos. Bryan said that the new Studio version offers transcritpions and may offer editing from text because Carrie is interested in a replacement for Descript.
- Descript - Carrie and Cristina both use Descript for story editing.
- REAPER - Reaper is what Cristina primarily uses for audio editing. It's also what Daniel uses.
- FreshBooks - Freshbooks offers invoicing.
- HoneyBook - Honeybook offers invoicing.
- Stripe | Payment Processing Platform for the Internet - You can send invoices directly from Stripe.
- Wave: Small Business Software - If you use Wave accounting, you can send invoices directly from your accounting software.
- Online Business Banking Solutions | Novo - If you bank with Novo, you can send invoices directly from the bank.
- Personal Cloud Storage & File Sharing Platform - Google - We use cloud services like Google Drive and GSuite.
- Dropbox - We use cloud services like Drobpx.
- YouTube - Bryan and Cristina use YouTube for learning.
- Transom - A Showcase and Workshop for New Public Radio - Carrie's preferred learning platform.
- Espooky Cristina - Connect with Cristina on X (formerly Twitter) @i_am_Cristi
ABOUT CRISTINA LUMAGUE
Cristina is a freelance podcast editor who is obsessed with podcasts. Her love of podcasting started as a listener. However, she moved quickly into hosting a show (and then two more) when she discovered a need that wasn't being filled. Now she's been able to turn her ADHD hyperfixation into a career editing podcasts that she finds interesting.
Connect with Cristina
Join Us Live!
This episode of the Podcast Editors Mastermind was edited by Alejandro Ramirez. You can find him on LinkedIn if you're interested in talking with him about editing your show.
Be a Guest
If you're a podcast editor, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you're interested, and we'll contact you to see if it's a good fit.
Your Yetis Are
- Daniel Abendroth | Roth Media
- Carrie Caulfield Arick | Carrie.Land
- Bryan Entzminger | Top Tier Audio
- Jennifer Longworth | Bourbon Barrel Podcasting
About the Podcast Editors Mastermind
The Podcast Editors Mastermind is for professional podcast editors who want to grow their business and get more clients. We’re creating a community of like-minded professionals that are passionate about the art and science of editing podcasts.
Our goal is to help you build your business by providing tools, resources, and support so you can focus on what matters most—your craft. This isn’t just another group where everyone talks about how great they are at podcast editing; we show our work!
Follow or subscribe and take the Podcast Editors Mastermind with you today!
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
OP3 - https://op3.dev/privacy