How to Talk About What You Do as a Podcast Editor
One of the great things about podcasting is that there aren't really any "rules." Sure, there are principles that often apply. But no rules.
However, there's a downside to that in that sometimes the words we use mean something different to prospective clients or employers than what the mean to us. Like the word, "podcast editor."
What does that really mean?
Listen to learn more about the different kinds of editing. Along the way, you might find out something about a new way you want to grow as an editor. And you'll likely gain some insight into how to describe what you do so that you can create differentiation and clarity in the minds of your customers and potential customers.
Listen to Discover
- Ways to think about the kinds of editing we do
- Similarities to (and differences from) radio, TV, and film production
- Why you might want to have two different ways to share what you do
- Carrie's suggestions if you want to move from linear editing to story editing
Links And Resources
- Paul (@produceNewMedia) / Twitter - Bryan said YouTube, but meant Twitter. Paul is a master of spoken word production.
- DaVinci Resolve 18
- Podcast Taxonomy
- How to Set Up Job Alerts on LinkedIn
- Transom - Great resources for how to build a story.
Join Us Live!
We stream live to our Facebook page and to YouTube every other week.
This episode of the Podcast Editors Mastermind was edited by Alejandro Ramirez. You can find him on LinkedIn if you're interested in talking with him about editing your show.
Be a Guest
If you're a podcast editor, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you're interested, and we'll contact you to see if it's a good fit.
Your Yetis Are
- Daniel Abendroth | Roth Media
- Carrie Caulfield Arick | YaYa Podcasting
- Bryan Entzminger | Top Tier Audio
- Jennifer Longworth | Bourbon Barrel Podcasting
About the Podcast Editors Mastermind
The Podcast Editors Mastermind is for professional podcast editors who want to grow their business and get more clients. We’re creating a community of like-minded professionals that are passionate about the art and science of editing podcasts.
Our goal is to help you build your business by providing tools, resources, and support so you can focus on what matters most—your craft. This isn’t just another group where everyone talks about how great they are at podcast editing; we show our work!
Follow or subscribe and take the Podcast Editors Mastermind with you today!