Virginia Elder's journey into the world of podcast editing and management began unexpectedly at a sales tax audit firm. She didn't realize that her real passion was podcasting while she was working with spreadsheets and invoices... until she did.
With each inspiring episode, her love for the medium grew, pushing her to launch her own show, Reaching Abundance. But then, a twist of fate led her to make a daring leap from personal finance coach to podcast editor and manager.
Curious to know how she conquered this uncharted territory? Stay tuned for a tale of determination, growth, and limitless possibilities.
- Discover effective strategies to grow your podcast editing business and increase your success.
- Learn about the importance of networking and making connections in the podcasting industry, and how it can propel your business forward.
- Gain insights on how to effectively manage a podcast production team to ensure smooth operations and high-quality output.
- Explore strategies for achieving financial sustainability in podcast production and making your business thrive.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest gadgets and tools for podcast editors, enhancing your efficiency and delivering top-notch results.
In this episode of the Podcast Editors Mastermind, you'll hear from Virginia Elder, a former accountant who now owns her own podcast production business. Listen as she shares her insights on building relationships and networking to grow a podcast editing business.
Virginia emphasizes the value of personal connections and the power of in-person networking compared to online marketing. She highlights the value of in-person connections to build relationships and grow your business.
Virginia also discusses the importance of follow-up and shares her system for tracking contacts and initiating conversations. She offers strategies for getting involved at conferences and highlights the benefits of attending events outside the podcasting industry. With Virginia's experience and advice, you'll gain valuable tips on networking, building connections, and growing your podcast editing business.
Links And Resources
- How to Grow Your Small Business: A 6-Step Plan to Help Your Business Take Off - Virginia recommended this book by Donald Miller.
- Free Sales Pipeline Template for Account Tracking - This is a free sales pipeline template for Asana.
- Reaching Abundance - Listen to the Reaching Abundance podcast hosted by Virginia Elder to gain insights and inspiration on personal finance.
- Upwork | The World’s Work Marketplace - Sign up for Upwork, a freelance platform, to find potential clients and offer podcast editing services.
- FinCon - Attend FinCon, a conference for financial professionals and podcasters, to network and build relationships in the industry.
- Asana - Asana is the tool that Virginia's team uses for project management and also as a Customer Relationship Manager (CRM).
About Virginia Elder
Virginia Elder is an experienced podcast manager and editor with a lot of knowledge and expertise in the podcasting industry. She is experienced in project management and client services and she knows how to connect with her ideal clients and deliver great results.
She started editing podcasts while working in accounting. She listened to podcasts all day and became passionate about the medium. This sparked her passion for personal development and led her to start her own podcast, Reaching Abundance. Since then, Virginia has transitioned into podcast management, owning her own successful podcast management business. With her deep understanding of the industry and her ability to create meaningful connections, Virginia is a true asset to any podcast editor or manager looking to grow their business.
Connect with Virginia
- Visit Virginia Elder's website, podcastabundance.com, to learn more about her podcast management services.
- Connect with Virginia Elder on Instagram to stay updated on her latest podcasting tips and insights.
- Listen to the Reaching Abundance podcast hosted by Virginia Elder to gain insights and inspiration on personal finance.
Join Us Live!
This episode of the Podcast Editors Mastermind was edited by Alejandro Ramirez. You can find him on LinkedIn if you're interested in talking with him about editing your show.
Be a Guest
If you're a podcast editor, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you're interested, and we'll contact you to see if it's a good fit.
Your Yetis Are
- Daniel Abendroth | Roth Media
- Carrie Caulfield Arick | Carrie.Land
- Bryan Entzminger | Top Tier Audio
- Jennifer Longworth | Bourbon Barrel Podcasting
About the Podcast Editors Mastermind
The Podcast Editors Mastermind is for professional podcast editors who want to grow their business and get more clients. We’re creating a community of like-minded professionals that are passionate about the art and science of editing podcasts.
Our goal is to help you build your business by providing tools, resources, and support so you can focus on what matters most—your craft. This isn’t just another group where everyone talks about how great they are at podcast editing; we show our work!
Follow or subscribe and take the Podcast Editors Mastermind with you today!
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
OP3 - https://op3.dev/privacy