When does your editing business invest in new equipment? Is it when productivity lags? Or is it merely a matter of budget? How do you know when it’s REALLY time to replace equipment? And then what determines how much you spend? We help Bryan decide whether to purchase a new Mac computer or stick with his old one. Plus, file storage, video editing, and impostor syndrome!
We support #PodcastersforJustice… and where to donate & what to do:
- George Floyd Memorial Fund
- Minnesota Freedom Fund
- Black Visions Collective
- Campaign Zero
- Black Lives Matter
- Text “Floyd” to 55156 to sign a petition to demand justice for George Floyd.
- Sign-up at Color of Change to be notified of more opportunities to take action
Questions to ask before you buy that thing…
- Is this an emotional desire or practical need?
- How long will your investment to last?
- Is your need for the gear long or short term?
- Is there a work-around?
When you spend more time crashing and rebooting than editing, it’s time to get a new computer.
We get into file storage because you can never back up enough.
Bryan is NOT a PC guy.
What video software is the easiest?
Daniel discusses his recent experience with Impostor Syndrome… notice how we approach it through awareness and practical experience.
We share the value of accountability and you’ll probably learn a new word.
Getting inspiration from others who are doing similar things as you isn’t really stealing… or is it?
Should Jennifer do a course? (yes, I think she should)
Jennifer, a skeptic, gives a review of Descript
Descript Tip: Use Ctrl/Cmd + F to find a word or phrase to delete en masse
This episode was edited by Bourbon Barrell Podcasting. (thanks, Jennifer)
Interested in being a guest on the show?
If you’re a podcast editor, we’d love to see if you’d be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you’re interested and we’ll contact you to see if it’s a good fit.
- iBuy Power
- KVM Switch
- Adobe Premiere & Premiere Rush
- Bryan’s Hindenburg Course ← you need this in your life
- @topteiraudio on Facebook ← Message for a discount on the course
- Podcast Editor Academy
- Reaper for Podcasting Facebook Group
Appearing in this episode:
(Editor’s note: I can’t seem to pull off single spacing. Sorry)