Podcast editors: Do you want more clients?
If you’re like most of us, you’re almost always on the lookout for new clients and new ways to attract and connect with them so that we can grow our businesses.
But what happens when we attract the WRONG clients?
Well, it’s not good. It can ruin our businesses and our lives. Literally. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Listen as Britany Felix of Podcasting for Coaches joins us to share what she’s learned about attracting the right clients (for her), how she manages relationships with professionalism but keeps the boundaries clear, how she screens clients (hint…it can start well before your first conversation), and how she knows when it’s time to make a drastic change.
Listen to discover:
- The story of a client who was such a bad fit, one error ruined a vacation, damaged trust irreparably, and sometimes still has her looking for a place to hide.
- That you really CAN set your own rules for how you’d like to work with your clients. Not only WHO you’d like to work with but also how quickly you’ll turn around their edits, and even what happens if they are late with their files.
- One change that Britany made to ensure she never gets a bad-fit client again.
- The red flags Britany looks for when she’s on an initial call.
- How Britany stands out from the crowd when she’s responding to a prospective client.
- Her uncommon approach to pricing her editing services.
- How Britany now often has people paying her LONG BEFORE she ever considers working with them as an editor.
- How she manages scope creep and resets expectations when needed.
- And much, much more.
If you’re looking to grow your podcast editing business in a way that allows you to stay sane, balance your personal life and goals, and service your clients well, you need to listen to this.
And after you have, make sure that you’ve subscribed using your favorite podcast app.
This episode was edited by Heather Wester of Ironed Out Media. If you’re looking for a podcast editor or producer, take a minute to check out what she has to offer.
Interested in being a guest on the show?
If you’re a podcast editor, we’d love to see if you’d be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you’re interested and we’ll contact you to see if it’s a good fit.
Appearing in this episode:
- Daniel Abendroth: https://rothmedia.audio | @rothmedia_audio
- Jennifer Longworth: https://bourbonbarrelpodcasting.com | @KYPodcasting
- Bryan Entzminger: https://toptieraudio.com | @toptieraudio
- Britany Felix: https://podcastingforcoaches.com | @podcastingfocoaches
- Carrie Caulfield-Arick: https://yayapodcasting.com | @thekeldakitty (chat master)