~~***We’re doing a 5 Day Marketing Challenge starting Jan. 10th to help you attract clients and stop hustling for them. If you want to participate, sign up for our newsletter & join the Podcast Editors Mastermind Community! Already get the newsletter? The details will be in your inbox next Thursday (Jan 7th).***~~
Mark Deal and Steve Stewart, co-founders of the Podcast Editors Club and the Podcast Editor Academy, expand on the surprising findings from the 2020 Podcast Editors Survey. The good news is that the rates and the value in this post-production industry are trending upward. If you haven’t seen the reveal, watch it now.
We also discuss the limitations of the survey, what DAWs are correlated to higher income and why, and what else we’d like covered in the 2021 survey.
Podcast Editor Academy students can access the survey with their membership. Currently, a subscription is available for only $49 per month (cancel anytime). If you use this affiliate link, it costs you nothing and support the production costs associated with this show. It’s a win-win. :) But more than that, you get all the tools you need to run an efficient editing business, whether it’s a side-hustle or full-time gig. Not to mention the support through regular office hours. Plus, you’ll get exclusive discounts on courses on technical skills, DAW training, content marketing, and more!
- The DAWs that makes money and why we think that is
- Why is there a gender pay gap?
- Why did they track gender?
- Will ethnicity and race be included in future surveys?
- The reason Carrie wants that information included
- The limitations of the survey and ya’ll, it’s hard getting people to take a detailed survey
- How conferences and events impact rates (and finding clients)
- Get outside the #podcast bubble and into your niche
- Extra services that command higher rates
- We don’t talk about customer service enough
- Britany Felix is AWESOME
- How long you’ve been in business matters, apparently
- But where do you find clients?
Interested in being a guest on the show?
If you're a podcast editor, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you're interested and we'll contact you to see if it's a good fit.
Podcast Editor Survey Results 2020 (must be a member of the Podcast Editors Club)
Steve’s newsletter (is fantastic)
Appearing in this episode:
Dirk the Cat
Firstly, thanks for helping make our first 9 months of this show successful!
When we were doing our 2021 planning, we decided to reconfigure our schedule a bit since #2020 meant a lot of unexpected changes to our personal and professional lives. Stay tuned for an updated schedule.
Also, we want to know what YOU want to hear and if you have any guests you’d love to hear from. Don’t be shy. We aren’t afraid to ask people to talk to us. Seriously. We have no fear and strive for no regerts. Ha!
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
OP3 - https://op3.dev/privacy