If you're an excellent podcast editor who delights your clients, it might seem like new clients should be beating down your door because of all the amazing referrals.
Often, that doesn't happen.... So you invest time and money learning how to market your business. You identify your ideal client, speak their language, even get on sales calls. But even that isn't enough.
Even if you're the very best at what you do, your customers are happy, your sales machine is working overtime, and you have consistent sales calls, you will not be able to grow your business if you don't do this one thing.
Close. The. Sale.
Listen as we talk about closing the sale - what it is, why it's important, what we do well, and where we struggle. Join the conversation so that you can share your thoughts, questions, and insights too!
Listen to Discover
- One thing that might be holding you back
- How closing isn't the same as "pushing to buy"
- Why you might (or might not) want to put pricing in an initial communication
- How we follow up with potential clients
- Where we don't feel like we're exactly knocking it out of the park
Links And Resources
- Bonnie Frank Helps Us Make Sales Calls FABULOUS!!! - One thing Bonnie shared was a real eye-opener. She never has "discovery" calls. By the time people book a call with her, they are already prepared to move forward.
- Igniting Success Through Effective Email Newsletters with Tammey Grable-Woodford - This is the episode where Daniel's business coach provided insight into email marketing.
- How To Overcome the Fear of Making Sales Calls
- How to Promote Your Podcast Editing Business Without Spamming Everyone
- How to Find Podcast Editing Clients: Advice from Podcast Editors
Join Us Live!
This episode of the Podcast Editors Mastermind was edited by Alejandro Ramirez. You can find him on LinkedIn if you're interested in talking with him about editing your show.
Be a Guest
If you're a podcast editor, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you're interested, and we'll contact you to see if it's a good fit.
Your Yetis Are
- Daniel Abendroth | Roth Media
- Carrie Caulfield Arick | YaYa Podcasting
- Bryan Entzminger | Top Tier Audio
- Jennifer Longworth | Bourbon Barrel Podcasting
About the Podcast Editors Mastermind
The Podcast Editors Mastermind is for professional podcast editors who want to grow their business and get more clients. We’re creating a community of like-minded professionals that are passionate about the art and science of editing podcasts.
Our goal is to help you build your business by providing tools, resources, and support so you can focus on what matters most—your craft. This isn’t just another group where everyone talks about how great they are at podcast editing; we show our work!
Follow or subscribe and take the Podcast Editors Mastermind with you today!