Igniting Success Through Effective Email Newsletters with Tammey Grable-Woodford —PEM017
“The whole point is to have a list that is reaching people who are actually interested in what it is you have to say…. So the gurus can say whatever the heck they want. Bottom line is, just be consistent. But choose what that means for you. If it's a monthly email newsletter because you only really have something relevant to say once a month, cool.” - Tammey Grable-Woodford
The daunting task of crafting and sending effective email newsletters stirs doubt - and maybe even a touch of commitment phobia. Are they worth it? Will they make me any money? Who should I send to anyway? Do people actually read email newsletters anymore? … Maybe I should just skip them altogether and focus on social media. That’s more up-to-date anyway… isn’t it? Before you give up the future cash on the email newsletter table (that’s totally a thing), soak up the wisdom Tammey Grable-Woodford dispensed in this episode.
Tammey Grable-Woodford (Grable-Newton) is a highly respected and sought-after business coach and speaker. After her diagnosis in 2015 with Stage 3b micro-metastatic breast cancer, Tammey transitioned into a life full of passion, purpose and reach. With over 25 years of executive experience, she has helped many businesses and non-profit organizations improve their workflow, expand their reach, raise their profitability, and increase the positivity of their work environment. Tammey can help with everything from strategic planning to copywriting to custom training. With her quality over quantity approach, she ignites success.
As podcast editors, we were particularly interested in one of the main areas of Tammey’s expertise: sales and marketing. Finding new clients, securing contracts, and retaining clients are always high on the priority list of any podcast business. And Tammey has a way with email newsletters that inspired and motivated us to dust off our newsletter efforts. Listen to what Tammey shared with us - and sign up for our shiny new Yeti Letter!
- Learn the sales method that’s 40 times more effective than Facebook or Twitter.
- The #1 thing left out of an effective email newsletter.
- The secret sauce number of sends.
- Asking and answering the whys for YOU: What prevents you from sending? What triggers action for you? What are you reading? What are you deleting?
- How to know what to include - and, just as importantly - exclude.
- Define and reject the impersonal sales funnel approach.
- Why the 5 W’s aren’t just for news reporters.
- Why you should avoid click-baity email titles.
- Harvest your own work for content (aka repurpose your content) and cross-pollinate with friends and clients.
- Develop a welcome email sequence with a human touch.
- Why segmentation is important.
- Ask the right questions to get the response you need.
- How timing and cadence impacts affect.
- Pro Tip: Don’t pay to email people who don’t care.
- What not to forget in your email newsletter.
- How to build your list from zero.
- Write in your authentic voice.
- Homework for all: Start crafting your email newsletter using the 5 W’s.
Twitter | @ThinkTaniant
Tammey’s Courses: taniant.com/courses
Schedule a FREE Consultation with Tammey
Mentioned on this episode:
OMG, we did it! We started a newsletter...
Get the Yeti Letter! Sign up for our Podcast Editors Mastermind email newsletter
You can also connect with us here...
Join our Podcast Editors Mastermind Facebook group
Order your best CHRISTMAS PRESENTS early: Get Your Podcast Editor Shirts TODAY!
Want to be a guest on Podcast Editors Mastermind? We’re excited to connect with you. Please fill out this form and we’ll be in touch. (Using this form helps us keep track of everyone and is better for this purpose than social media. We love connecting with people on social, it just isn’t ideal for this process.)
This episode of Podcast Editors Mastermind was edited by Top Tier Audio.
Appearing in this episode:
Bryan Entzminger: TopTierAudio.com | @TopTierAudio
Daniel Abendoth: https://rothmedia.audio | @rothmedia_audio
Jennifer Longworth: https://bourbonbarrelpodcasting.com | @KYPodcasting
Chat moderator (aka Yeti) of this episode:
Carrie Caulfield-Arick: https://yayapodcasting.com | @carriearick