How Podcast Editors Can Stand Out – PEM0022
Have you ever wondered how you can differentiate yourself as a podcast editor? Or how you can stand out from your competition and have a more meaningful sales conversation than, "I can save you time?"
Jon Gay of JAG in Detroit Podcasts offers something that is incredibly valuable to his clients, draws on his 15 years of experience in radio, and even sets him up for ways to expand his business offerings to better meet the needs of his clients.
Listen to discover:
- What took the life out of radio and could do the same in podcasting
- How a spreadsheet could keep the love of podcasting in our businesses
- What Jon does that's different from his competitors
- Why what he offers sets Jon up to discover his clients' needs more deeply
- Why a Rodecaster Pro has helped him land sales
- How Jon is considering expanding his business
- The value of having a group of trusted business colleagues
- The most embarrassing way each of us have ruined a podcast episode
If you want to change your sales pitch from "I'll make you sound good and save you time" to something that is more meaningful and really meets your clients' needs, you'll almost certainly find some incredible ideas in this episode.
This episode was edited by Bryan Entzminger of Top Tier Audio. You is one of the four slightly irregular Yetis of the Podcast Editors Mastermind and can find him at https://toptieraudio.com, where he offers courses, consulting, and editing services.
Interested in being a guest on the show?
If you're a podcast editor, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you're interested, and we'll contact you to see if it's a good fit.
- JAG in Detroit Podcasts
- Podcast Editors Club
- Carrie's RX Course
- Daniel's Reaper for Podcasting YouTube Channel
- Alejandro Ramirez
- Rodecaster Pro
Appearing in this episode:
- Daniel Abendroth: https://rothmedia.audio | @rothmedia_audio
- Jennifer Longworth: https://bourbonbarrelpodcasting.com | @KYPodcasting
- Carrie Caulfield-Arick: https://yayapodcasting.com | @thekeldakitty
- Bryan Entzminger: https://toptieraudio.com | @toptieraudio